Monday, February 4, 2013

1950's and Return to Simpler Values

 As I read other people's blogs, I can't help but notice the plentiful supply of dresses that are being created, most of them ala 1950's style.

I believe that people are yearning for simpler times, simpler values, more clearly defined roles, and a return to hospitality and family values. In these very uncertain times, there is a certain comfort in being able to make your own clothing, being feminine, and may I say, being ladylike. I know this sentiment may not be popular with everyone, or even misunderstood, but what is wrong with celebrating being a woman? Based upon the numerous blogs that seem to resonate these values, I would say, absolutely nothing!


This is a 1950's kitchen pic that I found and instantly loved. Hope you enjoy it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment