Saturday, January 26, 2013

Machine, Maxi, and Paris Modern

Another example of design meeting manufacturing in a vintage item. This is a side view of an older children's sewing machine. I believe it must be one of the handcrank models from way earlier in the last century. Nevertheless it is gorgeous...
 I found this pattern for a Maxi tank dress. I think it is even cuter than the maxi skirts that have been all the rage for the last year. Of course you have to be dieting alot or using certain undergarments to provide the illusion of thinness that could pull off this look. Maybe if the fabric was a knit but not a very clingy knit I may try to make this one. First I need to find the right fabric...
 This Vogue pattern by Guy Larouche is the bomb, don't you think? Modern jacket with what appear to be snap enclosures. On Marcy Tilton's website, she states that when she was in Paris the last time, she saw over-sized snaps being used on many different tops. I'm guessing this jacket was made in a very light-weight wool fabric. Beautiful, futuristic look. If only I had the skills to make this lovely creature, but at this point in time I do not.

No comments:

Post a Comment